This workshop is an opportunity for graduate students to have an introduction to business financial management and to learn personal financial literacy concepts.
The workshop will provide a starting point for successful professional careers and personal financial wellbeing through an introduction to business and personal financial literacy concepts. Workshop teachings will be mixed with case work to reinforce and challenge learnings.
Through participating and completing this workshop, participants will:
- Gain a clearer understanding of foundational business financial concepts
- Have strong understanding of personal financial concepts
- Resources to access for future circumstances.
KEY TOPICS AREAS
- Understanding Key Stakeholders to your Business or Project
- Business and Project Management key financial indicators
- Business Budgeting Concepts
- Understanding Personal Financial Literacy Concepts
- Financial Planning events in your lifetime and life’s different financial stakeholders
- Personal Financial Planning Strategies
Key topics will be discussed with case studies.
Darren Milne, CPA, CMA has 17 years in the finance and financial services. He has experiences across personal and commercial banking, project management, change management, financial accounting and financial planning. He is a Financial Security Advisor and Chartered Professional Accountant working with Freedom 55 Financial with a financial planning practice focused on career professionals and business owners.
Registration opens on Monday, June 27th at 9:00am. Priority will be given to UBC graduate students registered in the current academic session. Confirmation of registration will be sent within two working days. If you experience any difficulty using the online registration tool, please send a message to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a disability or medical condition that may affect your full participation in the event, please email email@example.com, 604-827-4578, well in advance of the event.